Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hey everyone! I've decided to create a new blog. Blogging for me is kind of like keeping a journal; I'm really bad at it. BUT! This time will be different. I will keep up with it! That's a promise. So first, I'll just give y'all an update. 

I'm about ready to start my second semester of college at BYU-Idaho. I'm studying to become a Music Education Major with an emphasis in band. I never believed people when they said that college was better than high school, but now I do! College has changed my life. I've met so many new people and I love them all. I have experienced so many new things that it's hard to be ungrateful. My first semester was such a wonderful experience and I can't wait for another semester!

Right now I'm attending a college ward up on campus that Bishop Chelson is over. This ward has truly changed me as a person, and as a daughter of God. The people bring about such an amazing spirit and they truly love each other. The people are so kind and so willing to serve. This ward has been so kind to me, even though I am just a local. I've been called as the Ward Choir director and I love every minute of it. It's not always easy, but so worth it. This ward is so willing to have fun and bring the Spirit at the same time. I have made so many new friends. I have the best visiting teaching companion anyone could ever ask for and I'm so grateful to bask in the presence of so many great people. I am so blessed!

I am truly blessed to be where I am right now. BYU-Idaho has an amazing Music Department and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be a part of it. Music is one of the most important things to me. It lifts us up when we're down. It can change our mood. It has the power to connect us all. Music is the universal connection between all living things. Music is the language that all people speak.

I'm so excited for this new semester and all the adventures it holds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment